The Fairfax Symphony expands its commitment to arts education by bringing together outstanding young musicians to form the Fairfax County All-Stars Youth Orchestra (ASYO), an orchestral training program attracting talented students from all 9 supervisory districts in Fairfax County.
The ASYO program offers an opportunity for students to receive mentoring and coaching sessions from Fairfax Symphony musicians and perform in an April 29, 2017 side-by-side concert in
Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade at the GMU Center for the Arts.
ASYO is free for all participants, including all rehearsals, coaching, and performance activities.
- Selected excerpts from Scheherazade
- A solo piece of your choice without accompaniment (no more than 3 mins)
- Submit your audition video through YouTube
- Please include your name, instrument, your school, and the title of your solo work
- If you do not have access to the equipment needed to create a video, please
ask your music teacher for help or contact us at email@example.com, and we will
work with you to create an audition video.
- When uploading your video, please mark as unlisted in the privacy settings and include the YouTube link in your online application.
- All applications must be submitted by February 20 at 11:59pm
- Coaching sessions and sectionals will be March 28 and April 20 at Fairfax High School
- Rehearsals with the FSO on April 26-29
- Concert on Saturday, April 29
Auditions will be accepted for all standard orchestral instrumentation, including harp and percussion.
All students, in grades 7-12, who are residents of Fairfax County are eligible to apply.
If you have any further questions or need assistance with the application, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org