The Fairfax Symphony expands its commitment to arts education by bringing together outstanding young musicians to form the Fairfax County All-Stars Youth Orchestra (ASYO), an orchestral training program attracting talented students throughout Fairfax County.
The ASYO program offers an opportunity for students to receive mentoring and coaching sessions from Fairfax Symphony musicians and perform in a February 3, 2018 side-by-side concert in
Prokofiev and Tchaikovsky's Romeo & Juliet at the GMU Center for the Arts.
ASYO is free for all participants, including all rehearsals, coaching, and performance activities.
2017-2018 AUDITION CRITERIA
- Selected excerpts from Romeo & Juliet
- A solo piece of your choice without accompaniment (no more than 3 mins)
- Submit your audition video through YouTube
- Please include your name, instrument, your school, and the title of your solo work
- If you do not have access to the equipment needed to create a video, please
ask your music teacher for help or contact us at email@example.com, and we will
work with you to create an audition video.
- When uploading your video, please mark as unlisted in the privacy settings and include the YouTube link in your online application.
- All applications must be submitted by December 8, 2017 at 11:59pm
- Coaching sessions and sectionals will be January 17and 24 from 7pm-9pm
at Fairfax High School
- Rehearsals with the FSO on January 30, 31, and February 2 from 7:40pm-10:10pm at GMU
- Dress rehearsal on Saturday, February 3 from 10am-12:30pm at GMU
- Concert on Saturday, February 3 at 8pm at GMU
Auditions will be accepted for all standard orchestral instrumentation, including harp and percussion.
All students, in grades 7-12, who are residents of Fairfax County are eligible to apply.
Students selected to participate in the program must attend all sectionals and rehearsals leading up to the concert.
If you have any further questions or need assistance with the application, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org